Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas time

N writing:
I'm going to update soon with some pics but don't have time today. The Christmas branch activity was very successful. About 150 people and in the little branch building that's a huge crowd. I roasted 6 chickens and made gravy. Somehow I missed the assignment about gravy until I got there and then hustled to pull it off. Gravy is very American and many people here like it but aren't sure how to make it. Anyway, it turned out okay - after I sent Garald back to the apartment to get a seive to strain out the lumps. Darn - I hate when it does that. Then we did a game rotation - ours was a concentration type of game - (thanks CL for the idea) with Christmas pics on the back. We gave candy to the ones who made a match and they seemed to love it. We'd purchased some candy here but had some mini tootsie rolls from home and the American candy is what they all wanted first. They did a huge Christmas gift exchange (complete with Santa) and then dinner. It was a full evening and my feet hurt when I got home, but it was very successful. No trouble falling asleep. Sunday was a full day as well. They did the Children's Sac Mtg presentation. I played the piano - albeit not very well - but the children sang and did their parts wonderfully. It was great. Tomorrow we leave on a 5 hr bus ride for zone conference in Kuala Lumpur and will return Wed. or Thurs. I think I'll enjoy seeing the big city, but the bus ride sounds rather loooong. Oh well. Have a good week everyone - enjoy the season. As we walked through a store today I heard the song, I'll Be Home For Christmas ...... if only in my dreams. Had a little emotional meltdown for a few minutes, but I think I'll survive.

1 comment:

Roxann said...

Hope you enjoy seeing KL. I bet you will! I know you will enjoy Zone Conference. Always a highlight.

Love the pics and description of your branch activity. Sounds wonderful! Merry Christmas!