
Zone conference - uplifting, enlightening, encouraging, inspiring and wonderful. It made us remember that we really are missionaries - not just survivors. This was a tender moment with some elders\2 sisters singing Silent Night. We met 2 other couples who - guess what ? - facing same challenges we are. It was so great to visit with them and even a little therapeutic. After it ended, Pres Clark didn't need to leave to catch his plane for an hour, so we sat around and sang all the Christmas songs in the hymn book. Get a catch in my throat thinking about it even now. It was neat!

A view in KL

Another view in KL - Morris\Ruth Ann - does this make you homesick? Apparently the building we met in is not where you lived - at least we think that.

Long bus ride. Yup he slept - I read and okay... I slept some too. Till they ordered us off the bus - scary. Actually I pretended I was taking a pic of Garald when I really wanted the cute little Muslim girl in the other seat. Boy...and I think it's hot in regular clothing!

Colorful bus for our ride to zone conference in KL. New experience - getting tickets from hawkers - finding our way - taxi, etc. We made it there fine, but on the way back about half way the bus stopped and the bus drive kind of shouted in Malay and pointed to us and others to get off the bus. Yup - I was frightened. Turned out they just wanted us to get on another bus and we made it home. The elders said that's never happened to them before. Guess we're just lucky.

Another view from our hotel in KL

A view out the window - big city 4.5 million

In true 'Pioneer Woman' style (if you don't know her blog - oh well) here's a little hotel tour. We stayed in the PJ (Petaling Jaya) Hilton in KL. Nice room except for the carpet - I suspect there are not many carpet outlets in this country as you never see it in homes or public buildings.
No comments:
Post a Comment