
Guess lunch was important as I've included two pictures. Sister Clark (mission pres wife) on the right. We stayed two nights in Singapore at Passir house. That's where the mission office couple live and it's on Passir Street. Where all new and leaving missionaries usually stay on their way in and out. We had such a great conference. Elder Clark and wife and Sister Pratt spoke in the morning, then Elder Pratt had all afternoon. Opened up for questions at the end. It was very inspirational. One of the elders asked, "What is the most important thing you've learned as a general authority?" Elder Pratt was quiet for several minutes then said - sort of summarized here - That you have the same rights and privileges as I do. And the primary teacher or organist who fulfills his\her job well will have every reward available to anyone. In fact, I think there will be a lot of surprises in heaven. Well, he said it better and a bit longer than that. It was great. We enjoyed it a lot. Going over and then back home to JB - bus trips, immigration checks and traffic jams. Rode the MRT, bus and taxi - tired when we got home. Mmm... yup it did seem like coming home.

Trying to get everyone together for a picture in the parking lot after the conference. Mission president Clark on the right.

Lunch after the morning session. Sister Carpenter the workhorse on this - the rest of us helped where we could. That's Elder Pratt, the area presidency counselor and his wife beginning the lunch line.

A view from the Tower on the island off of Singapore.

A viewing tower on an island we went to after Area Conference. Called a 'bumboat' ride. The island has been kept pretty much in its original state as Singapore was in the 1950's. This is Elder Carpenter. We're on top of a viewing tower.

After area conference, turning into tourists. Sister Carpenter on the left - leaving for home in 2 days after serving for 2 years with her husband as mission office couple. Originally from Australia, but now from Perry, Utah. We enjoyed a 'play' day after the conference, but were glad to get back to our little apartment. Again struck by the huge difference between Singapore and Malaysia. Ran into a huge traffic jam after getting back into Malaysia. We were in a taxi, so just put our heads back and 'went with the flow' whenever there was a flow. Now this may sound like a bid for sympathy and maybe it is. We were in a taxi because a week ago I stubbed my little toe running to answer the phone. Yikes, it hurt. It has been black and blue on most of my foot and my pinkie toe is swollen to twice its size. So I'm limping around. But I'll have you know, I made it to the phone and in spite of writhing in pain, I answered with a cheery, "Sister Gregory." Oh the challenges of missionary life - (he he) Suppose I'll survive! But will be sooo glad when it gets back to normal size. Luckily flip flops are what I wear all the time anyway. So that works.
No comments:
Post a Comment