Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Lion Dance

I can just never get the hang of this 'blogging' thing. So the bottom pic on this post, should be the top one. However, I'm sure it really doesn't matter - you'll get the gist of it anyway. Interesting little event on my jogging route today. A pic from the Lion Dance. They put fruits and vegetables on the ground and the lion's head picks them up. He tosses oranges to spectators. If the spectator catches it, there's applause from the crowd. They're really pretty good and it was definitely fun to watch.
Getting ready for the Lion Dance
Out jogging my route this morning and saw a group getting ready to do the 'lion dance' - a traditional Chinese New Year. I ran home - grabbed Garald and we ran back before it got started. As I got my camera out, this guy said, "Hey, American. Take my picture. Give to Obama." So in light of Danna Lee's recent request for Dad to do more of the picture taking, I handed the camera to him. He promptly said, "Now how does this thing work?" So in spite of looking awful, here's a pic. Anyone sees Obama in their travels, you could give it to him. Also a reporter ran by and snapped the same picture. Mmmm... wonder if we'll be on the news tonight. I can just picture President Clark seeing it and saying, "What in the heck are they doing now?" Hey...it's diversion day!

No comments: