Tuesday, February 7, 2012

N posting - We are back in Johor Bahru, after lots of hours in the air. We found it very cold in Utah and very hot here - adjusting to changes in many ways.

Mother 1915 - 2012
Yes, she lived a nice, long life, but this is still very difficult. So very hard to say good-bye - both for her and us. She left a sweet example of integrity, character and goodness. We hope she's found joy in meeting those who have gone before - as her last months here were so very difficult for her. Karen - my sis- shouldered a great responsibility in taking care of her, and mother always spoke of her thankfulness and gratitude to all of us. We love you - Mother. We couldn't ask for a better mother. Could we all measure up to be as good a descendants as you were a mother. We are blessed.

How great that Buffy and her girls could come from Washington. She drove straight thru and back with two little girls. We loved seeing them. So great to see all of our children and appreciate their support and kindness to us. In spite of it being a sad week, we did enjoy some sweet get-togethers and another fond farewell.
My daughter, Danna Lee on the left, then Pam - my sister- in-law on my right and then my sister Karen. Such dear people. Kent & Sheila - my brother from Maryland were there and all of their family - darling grandchildren. So nice to see them.

Granddaughter Ellie and son-in-law, Doug. Loved a quick visit with the grandchildren - most of them remember us - little ones don't. We're so very thankful for family. This was a tender time for all of us, and their kindness in many ways will always be remembered. Thank you to all of you. You are good to us -'the high maintenance parents.'
Kai - Buffy's youngest daughter.
How wonderful that all of Garald's siblings could be there - except Darvel & Kathy who are in the Ukraine. Our best wishes here to Kent and Janiece, who leave for a mission in Minneapolis the first of April. We were delighted for the opportunity to see them, and everyone else. Hutch - I think that's you in the corner of the pic - thank you.
Much appreciation and thanks to all who sent best wishes, cards, remembrances, and for those who traveled distance to express your love. We are feeling so very richly blessed with friends and loved ones. Wish we could have visited more with many of you, but perhaps the time will be better when we return. Thank you - thank you. Your kindness is so appreciated. Our love to all.
We are working at over coming jet lag and getting back to work here - it's an adjustment right now. We'll make it.

3 comments:

Roxann said...

So glad you are safely back. Beautiful post! I've been thinking of you all week. I'm so glad that you were able to go home for this week with your family. I love seeing the pictures. I can feel how wonderful it was for all of you to be together. What a lovely photo of your dear mother. That is just how I remember her. Beautiful lady! Love you, Nyla. Hope you adjust well now to the change in routine and weather, and soon get over the jet lag.

Jocelyn Stevens said...

I am sorry to hear about the passing of your mom. That is never fun. I am glad you were able to be there for the funeral and to have that closure. I'm sure it's been a whirlwind for you. You and Garald are such an inspiration to me. Your mother is very proud!

Danna said...

I love that picture of grandma.