October
Clicked this pic when walking on the promenade this week. I see it every morning - coming into the harbor. The local people tell us it is a 'gambling ship.' As gambling isn't allowed in HK - people board the ship in the evening - it sails out into the ocean - gamble away - and back the next morning. Mmmm.... interesting.
Restaurant\food pictures must be pretty boring to you. But this was a Friday evening, after work - at a Korean restaurant with some of our senior comp friends. We're officially back in the 'TGIF' mode from our working days.
It's our turn for the month of October to plan the 'seniors outing.' So here we are checking out the Wang Tin Sing temple and gardens. We'll be going there next Saturday.
Tried to snap this pic quietly as the sisters were listening in Gospel Doctrine Class. Many of them are return missionaries and live the gospel with all the energies of their hearts. They never cease to amaze us. The gal in pink in the middle just recently completed her mission, is now working and going to school and has asked me to teacher her some piano. Very ambitious.
Hopefully you can view this little video and enjoy a little snippet of the sisters in our branch singing in Sacrament meeting. They love to sing - have beautiful voices and melt our hearts. We have a beautiful branch choir as well.
One last pic of our trip to the gardens - they were beautiful.
One of my favorite places to walk every morning and some evenings. And I must add what a new found appreciation and gratitude I have for two good feet. Our first weeks here, they were aching and throbbing at the end of every day. Then a little 'tripping accident' and small foot injury on the promenade added to my woes. I was wondering if I was going to be hobbling for the rest of our time. I'm so very thankful that all is well now and I'm loving walking everywhere we need to go, with no ill affects. Such a blessing. Good feet are a 'must' in HK.










No comments:
Post a Comment