
Part of our little study group. Sister Hombs in the front - going to Sacramento to work in the office. She provided one of our most hilarious moments. She was quiet - hardly ever said anything and WORRIED so much about her presentations. We read one day how the missionary should be devastated when you ask your investigator if they've read in the B of M and they reply that they haven't. Next day in our role play, we asked our teacher (investigator) if he'd done his reading. When he said he hadn't had time, quiet Sister Hombs, laid her head on the table with a large moan and cried loudly. When we all finished laughing and wiping our laugh tears away - Elder Spencer said it was absolutely the best depiction of "devastated" he'd ever seen. Loved her. Loved every moment. I'm sitting at the airport and don't have time to proofread this - endure. Gotta run. Thank you for hugs, tears and fond farewells. We love you all.

A place of study, reading, practicing. Very inspirational. Where else would you see 19yr olds doing this all the time. AND always smiling - well almost smiling. Everyone talks to you - "Where you going?" "How soon do you leave?" "Could we practice our Spanish on you and leave you a message?" They followed us to our car to do that. Funny

Hey - I don't know how to do this - my pics are backwards - start at the bottom. Oh well - figure it out. It's mostly for myself anyway. The MTC cafeteria - the most amazing place. 1500 hungry missionaries 3 times a day. The most fun was watching was the young missionaries chose to eat - now who would choose a hot dog\fries over pecan crusted tilapia. Yup - most any 19yr old. Seniors are treated like royalty. When you step to the cafeteria line, they move out of the way and insist you're first. Jump to open the door for you - take your tray. In our main meeting we were told that in the mission field - "a day without a nap is a day wasted."

Yes.. we know everyone does this picture, so we just couldn't resist. The Big Map Picture - this is where we're going! Our MTC experience was sweet, wonderful, intense. We could kind of sum it up like this, " This is such a neat place - just amazing. Now how soon can we leave.?" Yup - there were some intense times - but I know know the Preach My Gospel book like I never knew before. First morning when they pinned on my badge - I cried. The whole week had some emotional moments. Tuesday night as we sat on our front reserved row seats at the devotional, watching over 2000 missionaries stream in the other doors - standing quietly when Russell M. Nelson entered - and standing to sing Called To Serve. You guessed it - I cried again. Very touching. Elder Nelson quote (wish I could post them all) "So nice to meet with a part of the group that 14 million church members are praying for."
3 comments:
I love the map picture!
Are you there yet, Mom? I will keep checking your blog for an update... hope you can endure your flight. Now, when are you coming home? I miss you.
Oh BTW, your very good at the blog thing, I am very impressed!
I hope your flight was great and that your food tasted good even though the plane was noisy :)
It's 9 am here and if I remember right you should be landing in Singapore in about 2 or 3 hours.
Have fun, enjoy everything you can, remember who you are, and don't come home early...ha ha.
Devan and I love you!!!
Post a Comment