
A few of the people in our apartment for dinner today after church and a baptism. The number who were coming kept constantly changing. But oh well - there seemed to be enough. What I wouldn't give for a real oven. The little countertop one works if I turn on the top and bottom units at the same time - something I quite discovered by accident. But only stays on for an hour and then is very erratic with the temp. I'm quite "cooking challenged." Did chicken and rice today and Sister Ung in front asked how to cook it - through her 16 yr old daughter as interpreter. I tried to explain to just mix the rice with condensed soup - I did find some Campbell's in the store. But she was very baffled. Never heard of Campbell's or condensed. Anyway it was fun having them and turned out fine. Garald taught Gospel Doctrine and I played the piano for every meeting. And I'm not very good at playing - they don't seem to mind. We're going to visit a 'recently baptized' family tonight. Hope it stops raining by then.

This is what it looks like outside our window right now and almost every day for at least part of the day - it literally pours. Of course, you don't need a sweater or jacket. It's like walking into a sauna.
2 comments:
Wow! What a cool view despite the rain! So tropical, I love it. I'm having fun reading your blog. I miss you!
I am reading this. Just want you to know. Hope you guys are having a great time. We haven't caught the momma cat yet . . . but we will.
Post a Comment