Later that night (we were just going to bed after the 'cleanup') received a call from a sister in the branch who was distraught and came over to receive a priesthood blessing and stayed a couple of hours to cry and tell us her problems. During that time we took two calls asking us if we could pick them up for church, about 15 miles away. Then another call asking me to substitute teach gospel doctrine class.
Sunday early morning started out studying gospel doctrine and picking people up for Church.
After we got to church and did our hand-shaking, and greeting as church was just starting, the branch president came down and asked me to take 15 minutes in giving a talk in Sac. Meeting. Before that I was asked to confirm Peter, which I did. (that involves mental practice saying the Chinese name over and over in my head) Gave my talk, and then bore my testimony in Malay. Since we are not aware of any other senior missionaries who have learned to speak the language, the branch members were pleased that we could speak some Malay. Sunday School was next. About half way through the gosp doc lesson, someone came into the class and said the Branch President wanted to talk with me right then. I gave my notes to the missionaries to continue the class and left to see the B/President. He was filling out some Temple Recommends and wasn't sure how to complete them, so I helped as best I could. In Priesthood Meeting they were going to ordain a young man as a Priest. His father said he would do it but didn't know how. They asked me to walk him through it, so I participated in the ordination and told the father every word to say, and then he finished with a blessing - well done and pretty much on his own.
After church was Branch Council and Nyla attended that while I took the people I picked up back home. We finally got home and ate all by our little selves and relaxed for a while. Evening was taken up by our taking the lap top and some song books to a new member's home where we sang hymns and visited. They had a relative (nephew age 16) with them and he expressed a desire to take the missionary lessons. So we are happy to pick up a new investigator. They served us drinks (Milo which is like hot chocolate) and a snack of home made dried anchovy biscuits, spicy. We finally got to bed very tired but grateful for a full day. We have a full week planned for this week. We hope it all holds up. Time goes much faster when we are busy. Next week is a special conference where we will travel to Kuala Lumpur and attend a meeting with Elder Bednar. We're definitely looking forward to that. Thanks to all for your support and encouragement and prayers. Special thanks to the High Priests Group for your notes, even though you had to be woke up to write it.
1 comment:
Garald and Nylya. Fran and I just read your latest entry. Wow. Busy busy busy. What amazing experiences you are having. We love you guys.
James and Fran
Post a Comment