Thursday, July 28, 2011

Wow... look who's in our apartment! by N

White people who speak English, and good friends besides! What a treat. The Jefferies - (our friends and neighbors) here picking up Danny as he completes his mission. He was a great missionary. After a couple of days attending the missionary release dinner and seeing some sights, they made their way across the border from Singapore - no small feat, pulling multiple suitcases. We met them at McDonald's at City Square in downtown Johor Bahru. Hugs around. It was jam traffic on the way back to our apartment, so it took quite a while. (also 6 of us in our little car made for great 'togetherness')But we made it. Ate dinner, went for a little ride to see our church meeting place and some of the local dwellings and then back to our place. We had so much fun talking, but we finally had to let the 'very weary' and 'jet lagged' travelers go to bed. Garald took them to the JB airport early this morning to catch their flight to Kuala Lumpur. I could not believe that as we said good-bye, I was rather emotional. It was just sooo good to see someone from home and enjoy visiting. They also brought me a requested quad set of scriptures, which I'm really needing. Hope they have a great trip and return home safely. They will be leaving on a senior mission to France in November. We won't see them again for a couple of years. Our love and best wishes go with them.

2 comments:

Danna said...

That is so fun! I would cry too!

Elizabeth said...

So glad you gad visitors, I am sure you enjoyed it, even though it was short. Exciting they are going to France.