Monday, November 8, 2010

Laundry (boring) and a little miracle (great)

Nyla writing:
Do you know how many electric counter top tea kettles it takes to heat up enough water to wash your whites in hot in a Malaysian washing machine? (a small one at that) Well, a LOT. Maybe really white is not all it's cracked up to be.
In a recent e mail Roxanne shared with me her mother-in-law's 'celebrate little miracles' lifestyle and I liked it. In fact, I've been using it every minute lately. It does help right now. Thanks. So in light of that, I'll share one of our little miracles the other day. We took the bus to a couple of stores one morning just to look around, figure out how to get there. and also try to figure out what all the strange looking fruits, vegetables and cans were. English labels are just so wonderful, but there aren't very many here. Anyway, Garald had his new backpack on and put it in the basket while we rolled it around. Then we realized we really didn't want to purchase anything because we'd be going to another store before returning home. So we abandoned the cart in a random aisle. About 20 minutes later in the meat department, I said I ought to take a pic of the chicken heads, feet, etc. Such fun things. That's when we looked at each other and realized we'd forgotten to take the back pack out of the cart when we ditched it. Panic!! As we ran through the store I was mentally ticking off all the things we'd miss - like my new camera, money, passports (just photo copies - we don't carry the originals) and other less important stuff. Imagine our surprise\gratitude when we found the cart with the back pack still sitting there. (not to mention the fact that we were even able to find the random aisle) It was a little\big miracle to us. All the locals warn us that Johaur Bahru is not a very safe place, but this was an exception. We're glad!

2 comments:

Danna said...

oh my goodness, that story gives ME a heart attack!

Xenia said...

Oh wow! That WAS a little miracle!